Fire Prevention Parade-Traffic Control
Date/Time: Fri, Oct 4th 5:00pm - 9:30pm
Downtown Holland & Civic Center
CITY OF HOLLAND
TEMPORARY TRAFFIC CONTROL ORDER
Order No. 2013-T-00051 Effective Date Oct. 4, 2013
(when official traffic control signs or devices conforming to this order are erected.)
In accordance with Section 18-16 of the Holland City Code, the following traffic regulations are issued:
Effective on Friday, October 4, 2013, the following streets will be closed at various times for the 31st Annual Fire Prevention Week Parade and Activities:
Road Closures –
6th Street between College and Columbia Avenues from 5:00 p.m. until 7:30 p.m.
8th Street between Pine and Maple from 6:00 p.m. until 9:30 p.m.
Parade Route -
Parade starts at 7:00 p.m. on Columbia Ave. proceeding south to 8th St and west down 8th Street to Pine Avenue and into the Civic Center parking lot.
1. Sponsors will pay for Reserve Officers to assist in the run/walk and cruisers as needed.
2. All participants 12 yrs and under must be accompanied by an adult throughout the event.
3. Event sponsors will be responsible for the posting and removing of all signs and debris associated with the event.
4. The event sponsor will make contact with other organization holding events along the route (if there are any) so as not to interfere with other venues.
5. NO Painting is allowed on the sidewalks or on the roadway.
6. HPD shall be notified of any cancellations or changes that may occur by contracting Sgt. Kender at 616.355.1122 during normal business hours.
7. The sponsor in charge of this event will also provide volunteers at some intersections who shall wear a reflective vest.
8. All slow participants not able to keep up with the event must move to the sidewalk and cross only at intersections obeying all traffic control devices.
9. Street Dept. will place barricades at 10th St & Kollen Park Dr and pick them up later.
10. Fire Dept. personnel will setup signs and barricades when needed and remove same.
Issue Date: 09-16-2013 Expiration Date: Oct. 4, 2013 10 p.m.
Ryan Cotton, City Manager
Requested by: firstname.lastname@example.org
Informational Website Link: http://www.cityofholland.com/fire/31st-annual-fire-prevention-parade