The City of Holland will provide 50% of an enhancement project cost, up to $4,000, to help homeowners enhance their homes.
Enhancement projects are projects that will significantly improve the aesthetics and functionality of the home to improve its marketability and curb appeal such as new siding and windows, new two stall garages, new porches and other projects that will enhance attractiveness of the home. (See flyer below for more possible enhancements)
Qualifications include single-family and two-family owner-occupied homes in the Central Neighborhood District (See attached map), city taxes and mortgage up to date, home must be insured, willingness to have a five-year lien on the property in the amount of City assistance given.
If you feel that you are eligible for this program:
• Complete the Central Neighborhood Enhancement Program Application (attached below or available at City Hall, Community & Neighborhood Services Department - 3rd floor)
• Gather two (2) estimates for the work to be completed, including paint samples/sketches if necessary
• Provide proof of homeownership (deed)
• Provide proof that city taxes are paid
• Provide proof of home insurance and payment receipt
• Provide proof that mortgage is paid up-to-date
• Provide a narrative of your project (what do you want to do)
• Provide proof of household income
• Provide photos of the home from the street and the project area
Bring all required documents to City Hall, Community & Neighborhood Services, 270 S. River Avenue, 3rd Floor, Holland, 49423 (between 11th and 12th Streets).
**All projects must be approved by the City Staff Team.**
For more information or questions,
This program is available to all incomes.
Se Habla Espanol