Housing Inspection Program & Checklists
Housing & Rental Inspections
- Chapter 14 of the Holland City Ordinance Code is designated to Housing-Property Maintenance.
- This code applies to all structures located within the city.
- All rental units are required to be registered, and are inspected on a regular basis to ensure compliance with this Code. Compliance for commercial and owner occupied resiential properties is expected and enforced on a complaint basis.
**Please see Housing Code Changes below**
Vacant or Abandoned Property Inspections
Chapter 19 of the City of Holland addresses the maintenance of vacant or abandoned structures, and registration of property.
Short Term Rental / Vacation Rental Inspections
The Holland City Council passed an ordinance to regulate Short Term Rental properties in the City of Holland. A Short Term Rental is defined as “A dwelling unit that is offered for rent in part or its entirety for less than 30 consecutive days at a time.”
Before your house can be used as a short term rental, you must complete the following steps:
- Submit the Registration Form & Short Term Rental Property Worksheet to Community & Neighborhood Services
- Obtain a property inspection from Community & Neighborhood Services
- Obtain a Special Exception from the Zoning Board of Appeals
- Obtain an annual Public Lodging license from the City Clerk
*Se Habla Espanol*