Inoperable Vehicles (Section 19-13 of the City of Holland Ordinance)
What is an inoperable vehicle ?
- Any dismantled or partially dismantled vehicle
- Any vehicle without a license plate
- Any vehicle with an expired license plate
- Any vehicle with a license plate affixed to it, which is not registered to the vehicle it is on
- Vehicle parts stored on the property are also a violaion of this ordinance
Who is responsible?
- The property owner or tenant where the vehicle is located
- The registered vehicle owner with the Secretary of State
How can I achieve compliance?
- Have a current license plate tab affixed to the license plate
- The license plate on the vehicle must be registered to that vehicle according to the Secreatry of State records
- Be operable(this means that you can legally drive it down the street - no flat tires, missing parts, etc.)
- Vehicles stored within a completely enclosed garage or other such structure are exempt from this ordinance.
- Failure to comply with the above requirements within ten (10) days of the date of a notice from the City may cause this department to serve you with a Civil Infraction Ticket.
- A vehicle may be towed off private property by the property owner at any time.