City of Holland Human Relations Commission Annouces Recipients of the 2013 Social Justice Awards
The City of Holland Human Relations Commission has selected the 2013 recipients for the 2013 Social Justice Awards. Each year the Human Relations Commission selects members or organizations of the community who exemplify the virtues of social justice by promoting equal opportunity and equal access for all citizens in the categories of Housing, Education, Employment, and Government/Community Relations. Please join us in recognizing the recipients:
- Education - 14th Street Church
- Employment - Andy & Carin Ribbens
- Housing/Government/Community – Pancakes R Us
- Youth/Student – Grace Elizabeth, Sunny Katherine and Babs Leigh Hough
- Lifetime Achievement Award - Alberto Serrano
The Social Justice Awards ceremony will be held at City Hall on Wednesday, January 15 at 7:00 p.m. This event is open to the public. A brief summary is attached for each award recipient as well as the media release. Please contact Esther C. Fifelski for more information at (616)355-1328.