City of Holland Title VI Non-Discrimination Plan
Title VI is part of the 1964 Civil Rights Act that provides that no person in the United States shall, on the grounds of race, color, national origin (including limited English proficiency) or sex, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be otherwise subjected to discrimination under any program or activity receiving federal financial assistance. Other related statutes have broadened Title VI to include age, low income and disability as protected classes.
The City of Holland Title VI Plan outlines the City's commitments to comply with Title VI and provide complaint and resolution guidelines who feel that they have been discriminated against in any City program, service or activity.
- Title VI subrecipient Annual Certification Form
- City of Holland Title VI Non-Discrimination Plan
- City of Holland Limited English Proficiency (LEP) Plan
- MDOT’s “I-Speak” Language Identification Cards for all City employees who may encounter an individual with limited English proficiency while working
- Translators Resource List
- Title VI Brochure (English and Spanish)
Title VI Coordinator
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Officer
City of Holland
270 South River Avenue
Holland, MI 49423
Ph: 616.355.1328, Fx: 616.355.1490; firstname.lastname@example.org