We are pleased you are interested in employment with the City of Holland. The City employs over 400 full-time and 300 part-time employees in a variety of positions throughout the organization.
It is the policy of the City of Holland that equal opportunity shall be afforded to all persons without regard to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, marital status, height, weight, age or disability. This policy applies to all matters relating to recruitment, hiring, selection, compensation, promotion transfer, training, discipline, lay-off, termination or any other activity, which applies to all full-time and part-time employees.
Applying for a Job
To apply for a position with the City of Holland, please select one of the following options:
- Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please place the name of the position you are applying for in the subject line. All resumes/cover letters should be submitted in one of the following formats: .doc, .docx, .pdf, .rtf, or .txt.
- Print the application available below, complete and submit by mail or fax to the address/number below.
- Complete the application available below, save it to your hard drive and then attach it to an email addressed to email@example.com (You are not able to submit the application from this page right now)
- Visit City Hall and complete an application in the office.
- Fax your resume and cover letter to (616) 355-1490 or mail to: Human Resources, City of Holland, 270 South River Avenue, Holland, Michigan 49423.
- All application, resumes, and cover letters are kept on file for one year.
- Individuals interested in employment in the utility division (electric, water, wastewater, etc.) of the City of Holland should contact the Holland Board of Public Works Human Resources Department at (616) 355-1500 or www.hollandbpw.com.
- Seasonal employees are hired for summer grounds keeping and maintenance on an annual basis. Applications and resumes are accepted beginning in January/February with interviews conducted in early May. Individuals must be available to begin work by late May. Minimum age for summer employment is 18 years of age at time of application.