The Holland Police Department hires college students who are currently enrolled in an approved field of study into its Police Cadet Program. The Cadet must maintain a "C" average or higher to remain eligible.
Duties of the Cadet include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Maintain records
• Jail & booking operations
• Parks patrol
• Code enforcement
• Work a maximum of 20 hours per week during school
• Work a maximum of 40 hours per week during summer and/or breaks
Other basic requirements are:
• A Cadet must give a moral commitment of two years to the Cadet Program.
• Must have good driving record and no felony convictions. A poor driving record or misdemeanor convictions may negatively affect opportunity for employment.
• Must possess good moral character and general reputation.
• Must possess acceptable physical, emotional and mental fitness.
• Candidate must be willing to allow a background check regarding past school contacts, employment, medical, and conduct records.
• Must offer fingerprints, when requested, for background investigation purposes.
Also, a Cadet applicant must be willing to work a variety of schedules which best meet the needs of the Department.
Contact person for Employment Opportunity questions is Captain Jack Dykstra. He will provide information you may need regarding employment via e-mail or land mail.
Attn: Capt. Jack Dykstra
Holland Police Department
89 West 8th St.
Holland, MI, 49423