Police Officer - City of Holland
The Police Services Division will accept applications/resumes to be placed on file for a duration of 1 year.
It is the policy of the Holland Department of Public Safety to hire the most highly qualified persons able to meet the needs of the Department and the City of Holland. These needs include developing a Department that is representative of the population of the City.
It is also the policy of the Department to follow all employment practices and policies of the City, including adherence to the City’s affirmative action policy.
If you are interested in submitting an application and resume, use the following method:
• Print it out the .pdf Job Application Form, then standard mail your completed application along with your resume and MCOLES certification (current or in progress) to the address below, attention Captain Jack Dykstra.
To qualify for the position of Police Officer you must:
• Be a citizen of the United States of America
• Be at least 18 years of age
• Posses a valid Michigan motor vehicle operator or chauffeur license
• Have a minimum two years college, preferably four, and be MICOLES certifiable.
• Have no felony offense convictions (misdemeanor convictions or a poor driving record may be indicative of a poor reputation, background, judgment, and level of maturity and may have a negative affect on your chances of employment)
• Have good moral character and reputation
• Posses acceptable physical, emotional, and mental fitness:
• Normal hearing
• Normal color vision and visual functions (correctable to 20/20)
• Height and weight proportional to each other and age (according to acceptable medical standards)
• Pass drug screening
• Pass psychological testing
• Pass the scrutiny of an extensive background investigation including waiving the right to privacy in regard to past employment, financial, medical, and conduct performance.
• Provide fingerprints after an oral interview and assessment testing and at the time a background investigation is authorized.
Your application will be held on file for one year.
Captain Jack Dykstra
The Holland Department of Public Safety
89 West 8th St.
Holland, MI, 49423
Email contact - email@example.com
THE CITY OF HOLLAND IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
If you are interested in any position OTHER than Police Officer ( Cadet or part-time staff), print and then fill out the City of Holland Job Application Form below.
This will include Civilian Staff, Cadet and other full-time and part-time positions.