Meeting: Community Energy Strategic Planning Task Forces Kick-Off Town Meeting
Date/Time: Mon, Sep 17th 7:00pm
Location: The Park Theatre, 248 South River Avenue
You are invited to participate in a Kick-Off Town Meeting of the Community Energy Strategic Planning Task Forces. This Call to Action is published to invite you to attend the Kick-Off meeting where you will be able to sign up to participate in one of four (4) Task Forces to be organized. The intent is to develop pilot programs to recommend to the City Council to accomplish the community energy implementation strategies. The first meeting of each Task Force will occur immediately after the Kick-Off in individual break-out sessions. The general charge for each Task Force will be to recommend efficient and innovative strategies to realize the Holland’s community energy goals.
This Community Energy Task Force Kick-Off Meeting will be held at The Park Theatre on Monday, September 17, 2012, at 7:00 P.M. (reception) and 7:30 P.M. (remarks) located at 248 South River. Four (4) of the following Task Forces will convene after the remarks to begin discussions which will lead to recommended strategies, timetables and budgets to the City Council to implement the Holland’s energy goals in October, 2012. Two (2) other Task Forces will convene at a later date.
1. Home Energy Retrofit Program;
2. Citywide District Heating;
3. Industrial Full-Service Utility Bundle (Status Report only);
4. Building Energy Labeling;
5. Electrical Generation (Status Report only); and
6. Community Education and Outreach.
If you are not able to attend, you may still volunteer by writing City Hall, 270 S. River Avenue, Holland, Michigan 49423 or at email@example.com.
To learn more about the Community Energy Plan, the Community Energy Plan Action Teams, and other energy matters, please see the following websites and sources of information:
1. The report from Garforth International: Holland Community Energy Efficiency and Conservation Strategy: Creating a Global Community: http://goo.gl/mJMVZ
2. Community Energy Plan Action Teams Description from July 11, 2012 City Council / Holland Board of Public Works (BPW) Study Session: http://goo.gl/ERdko
3. Holland BPW website with information about pending electric generation decisions and recent results from the HDR, Inc. Sustainable Return on Investment study (SROI) of possible generation options: http://p21decision.com/
This formal Kick-Off meeting invitation is intended to seek the broadest possible public input for energy implementation recommendations to the Holland City Council and Board of Public Works. The Task Forces will be advisory.