UPDATE 10/31/13: Trick-or-Treating will occur this evening as scheduled, despite the potential for rain. Stay dry. Be safe. Have fun!
The City of Holland has announced that the hours for Halloween Trick-or-Treating will be Thursday, October 31st between 6 p.m. and 8 p.m.
For your safety and the safety of others, you are reminded and encouraged to observe the following:
1. Wear a light colored costume with a mask that will not obscure your vision.
2. Carry a flashlight with you.
3. Parents should accompany your children.
4. Drivers of vehicles should take extra caution and slow down. There will be several kids out trick or treating.
5. Only go to the houses that have the porch light on.
6. You should only go to houses that you are familiar with.
7. Make sure that parents check all candy given to children before they eat it.
Enjoy -- and have a safe and happy Halloween!