The Human Relations Commission has invited James Betzold to speak on the topic of Defferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) on January 16, 2014 at City Hall. This event will be held in the City Hall Training Room at 6:30 p.m. The discussion will describe DACA as a program to assist immigrants who arrived as children to obtain work permits. The key objectives include:
- Understanding current state of immigration law
- Why is DACA a useful and necessary program
- Obstacles facing current youth in our country
- Benefits of obtaining DACA
- Who Qualifies? What are the requirements.
- What does the future hold for Dreamers/DACA