National Night Out-America’s Night Out Against Crime will be celebrated this Tuesday August 5, 2014 in Holland, Michigan and throughout the nation by over 37.8 million people in over 16,124 communities. It’s a wonderful opportunity to promote police/community partnerships. Neighbors’ getting to know one another is a key theme of National Night Out, and in addition to our Kollen Park celebration residents are encouraged turn on their porch lights get out and mingle with their neighbors from 8-10 p.m. Holland celebrates its 23rd Annual National Night Tuesday August 5, 2014; with a community wide block party at Kollen Park. Some of the features of the event include:
- Music by Sweet Justice a classic rock band made up of law enforcement personnel
- A Pie Eating Contest for kids
- Face Painting
- Kids Games hosted by Community Agencies
- Free Hot Dogs courtesy of Hillshire Brands
- Vintage Car Show
- Crime Prevention and Safety Information
- Horse Rides courtesy of the Ottawa County Sherriff’s Mounted Division
- Bounce Houses
- Neighborhood Group picnic area
- American Legion Band Concert follows at 7:30 p.m.
In addition to enjoying the festivities and mingling with local law enforcement personnel, residents will be invited to mark their block on an area wide map and to sign an anti-crime commitment banner.
The Junior Police Academy will help with volunteers for bike registration and other activities. The Holland Board of Public Works will hand out energy efficient LED lights and encourage people to install them during National Night Out. We are looking forward to a fun filled night of Police/Community Collaboration and Neighborliness.
More information is available on the City’s website:
Informational Website Link:
Get up‐to‐the‐minute City of Holland information on the following sites, where we post news and events as they happen: