The purpose of the Ourstreet Design Assistance Program is to encourage renovation and rehabilitation of target area properties.
Upon staff approval, the program will pay for up to 5 (five) hours of professional design services by participating architects/designers. Additional work beyond the five hours paid for by Ourstreet are the responsibility of the property owner/tenant in agreement with the architect/designer. No work will be paid for retroactively.
Design services provided include renovation or rehabilitation of target area properties and/or landscape design services.
- Any property owner or tenant (with the written approval of the property owner) of the established Ourstreet Target Area may take advantage of the design service incentive. The property that will benefit from the service must be located within the established Ourstreet Target Area.
- The applicant must own or rent/lease the property that will receive the service.
- The applicant must choose an architect/designer from a list of design service providers.
- After the applicant has used up the 5 hours provided by Ourstreet, the property owner/tenant becomes responsible for paying the architect/designer if the project requires more than 5 hours of work.
- Use of design services must be arranged through the Ourstreet Office. Limited funds are available and will be distributed on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Recipients may be requested to display a sign, provided by Ourstreet, during the time that construction or improvements are made.
- Any properties owned by the applicant may not be involved in court action with any City Department, including the Department of Environmental Health.
Design Service Providers
Participating architects/designers are:
Andrew Baer, Architect 395-8235
Architects Collective 392-2366
David Bareman, dlb Architects, LLC 392-6995
Hillman Associates, Judy Hillman, Designer, 396-7284 or 395-7871
Landscape Design Services 399-1734
Bosch’s Landscape & Lawn Specialties 399-6861
Lots of Green 836-1408
Sunset Lawn Services 392-4035
Architects/Designers interested in participating in the program must contact the Ourstreet office to apply for participation.
Only architects/designers who can provide design services listed in this policy are considered for participation. Providers must sign the Design Service Providers Agreement and be approved by the Ourstreet Committee or designated subcommittee.
All exterior work on properties receiving Ourstreet design assistance must be submitted for review and approval by the Ourstreet Design Sub-Committee prior to the start of construction or planned exterior improvements.
Return applications and direct comments to:
Community & Neighborhood Services
270 River Ave.
Holland, MI 49423
Phone: (616) 355-3139
Fax: (616) 546-7058