- We respond to all fire related incidents within the city limits, including fires believed to be out, and investigate smoke or odors of unknown origins.
- We respond to all medical emergencies, persons trapped by any means, water accidents on Lake Macatawa, or other situations within the city limits that place people or property in peril.
- We respond to hazardous materials releases, spills, unknown substances on the ground, in the air or water of the city.
- We aid in other situations where our expertise, training, or equipment may be of assistance.
- We respond to inquiries on department employment, information about department services, or complaints about our service.
- We meet requests for tours of department facilities, or to have a member speak on fire safety matters.
- We deal with complaints or questions on open burning, underground storage tanks, fire safety or fire prevention code violations, overcrowded buildings, blocked exits, children playing with fire, or suspected arson activity.
- We provide information on placing or maintaining smoke detectors.