Ice Skating / Sledding / Cross Country Skiing
Are the ice skating rinks open? Call the Recreation Office at (616) 355-1130 or the Cancellation Hotline at (616) 355-1139 to check on the current conditions and closures.
Riverview Park Ice Rink will not be opened during the winter of 2016. Parks & Recreation staff is looking for alternative sites along with the existing Lakeview Park.
Lakeview Park Ice Rink (Closed until furthur notice)
The Lakeview Park Ice Rink is located west of Lugers Road on 32nd Street. Please respect the "No Skating" signs when up for protection of the rink, ice and YOU. Also, there is no skate rental at this location. Remember to bring your own ice skates.
- Open hours are 7 AM - 11 PM, daily
- Hockey play is permitted from 7 AM - NOON, daily
- Please keep off ice when posted "No Skating"
- These are unsupervised facilities, skate at your own risk
- Please report any problems or concerns to Holland Recreation Division at 616-355-1130
Van Raalte Farm
Bring your family to historic Van Raalte Farm for some old fashioned fun - sledding! The Van Raalte Farm sledding hill is easily accessible from the 24th Street entrance between Waverly and Country Club Roads.
- Report any accidents or unsafe conditions to Holland Recreation Division at 616-355-1130
- Sled at your own risk. Sledding is a high risk activity. The City of Holland provides no supervision of hill conditions or activities.
- Open hours for sledding: Sunday - Thursday, Dawn to 10 PM; Friday and Saturday, Dawn to 11 PM
- No building jumps!
- No alcohol or pets allowed on sledding hill
- No snowboards or skis allowed on sledding hill
- Sled only in designated areas
- Make sure hill and run out areas are clear before descending
- Do not walk up sledding run!
- Use the ramp to the side of the hill
Cross Country Ski Trails
Van Raalte Farm
Get some great exercise on the cross country ski trails groomed by the Holland Recreation and Parks Divisions at Van Raalte Farm. The Van Raalte Farm cross country ski trails are accessible from either the 16th Street OR the 24th Street entrances.
CROSS COUNTRY SKI RULES
- Open hours for cross country skiing are: Seven days a week, Dawn to 12 AM
Click any thumbnail image to view a slideshow