Parade of Lights
Date/Time: Tue, Dec 3rd 6:30pm - 8:00pm
CITY OF HOLLAND
TEMPORARY TRAFFIC CONTROL ORDER
Order No. 2013-T-00062 Effective Date Dec. 3, 2013
(when official traffic control signs or devices conforming to this order are erected.)
In accordance with Section 18-16 of the Holland City Code, the
following traffic regulations are issued:
On Tuesday, December 3, 2013, the Downtown Holland Principal Shopping District is sponsoring the Annual Parade of Lights. Parade begins on 8th St. at Columbia Ave. and ends at the 8th Street Market Place at 8th and Maple. It should be noted that 8th Street will be closed to traffic from 6:30 pm to 8:00 pm during the parade and No Parking will be allowed in this area.
1. Holland Police Dept. personnel will provide barricades for road closure.
2. Holland Police Dept. personnel will assist with traffic control and in the parade staging area.
3. Parade staging area is 6th Street between Central & Columbia and Columbia Avenue between 5th & 8th Street: College Avenue between 6th & 7th, 8th Street between Columbia and Lincoln (north side and west end only from Columbia to east end of Post Office). Motorists will be allowed to exit the parking deck onto 7th Street. A PSD Parade Marshall will assist at the parking deck.
4. Holland Police Dept. personnel will post the staging areas listed in #3 for No Parking.
5. PSD will place cone barricades along the parade route at 7:30 a.m. Barricades will be set in the street at 4 pm to prevent cars from parking. PSD will remove barricades at the end of the parade.
6. Event organizers will post temporary No Parking on 8th Street between Columbia and Pine, both sides, 4 PM – 8 PM.
7. HPD to place barricades at north end of public parking lots between Central and College so no exiting vehicle makes their way in to parade staging area.
8. No Parking signs to be placed by HPD on north side of 8th Street, from Columbia to east end of Post Office.
9. Event organizers will have staff wearing reflect vestspositioned at 8th & Columbia, 8th & College, 8th & Central, 8th & River, 8th & Pine and 8th & Maple.
10. Event organizers will have staff positioned at 8th & Columbia, 8th & College, 8th & Central, 8th & River, 8th & Pine and 8th & Maple.
11. Event organizers are responsible for the removal and clean up of any debris, signs and barrels as a result of the event.
12. Event organizers will pay for police reserves to assist with traffic control.
13. No painting on the sidewalks or on the street.
14. HPD shall be notified of any cancellation or changes that may occur by contacting Sgt. Kender at 355-1122 during normal business hours.
Issue Date: 11-01-2013 Expiration Date: Dec. 3, 2013 7:30 p.m.