Windmill Island Gardens
A beautiful oasis on the edge of downtown Holland, Windmill Island features a 250 year old working Dutch windmill "De Zwaan" (meaning graceful bird). The windmill, which reaches 125 feet from the ground to the top of the blades, towers over 36 acres of manicured gardens, dikes, canals and picnic areas. Costumed guides give tours of DeZwaan.
• Over 115,000 tulips bloom in the spring. In the summer, annual plants and flowers decorate the grounds. We welcome you to linger amid a sea of flowers.
• The Post House is an exact replica of a 14th century wayside inn. Inside you can view a 12 minute presentation about Windmills, The Netherlands and our "De Zwaan".
• During the summer, visitors delight in the old-time Klompen dance performed by girls dressed in folk costumes and wooden shoes.
• Kids will love the antique Dutch carousel, featuring hand-carved and painted wooden horses. Also, our new playground & children's gardens.
• Visit the miniature Little Netherlands Village made by the early settlers.
• Enjoy some world famous fudge made with real Dutch cocoa.
• Visit the souvenir shop for some mementos of your visit, including our stone ground flour from the windmill.
• Listen to our antique Amsterdam street organ and learn how it works.