HYAC 2014-2015 Goals
The Holland Youth Advisory Council
• Participate in Lakeshore Youth Leaders activities.
• Provide and/or select the nomination for the Human Relations Commission’s Youth Social Justice Award each year.
• Make an annual report to City Council in the spring.
• Continue to raise awareness of HYAC through a variety of ways.
• Continue to support Pathways, MI with their Peer Refusal Training program.
• Promote the collaboration of local school districts.
• Organize a special City-wide event each year.
• Promote efforts to "Go Green" in Holland.
• Raise awareness and advocate for historical and cultural sites in the Holland area.
• Form a relationship with the Holland Recreation Department.
• Organize social events for current and past HYAC members.
• Promote diversity in Holland through cross-cultural affairs.
• Find a way to support the Pay-It-Forward rogram.
• Build relationships with the youth in our Sister-City Queretaro, Mexico and our Friendship City Nagahama, Japan.
• Create awareness of involvement in our local water ways.
• Aid and Assist any local organizations working with at-risk teens (i.e. teen pregnancy, dropout rates, dating violence, homeless youth, et. al.)