Holland in Bloom
Click HERE to learn about the Urban Tree Canopy project.
2022 Community Tulip Dig Information
The Tulip Dig will be on Saturday, June 4, 2022 from 9am to 11am. The dig is hosted by the Holland in Bloom Committee at Centennial Park, Window on the Waterfront Park, and Windmill Island Gardens. Please review the details below before attending the event.
- Community members and visitors are invited to dig tulip bulbs only from designated locations at the three parks.
- Cost is $10 per 5-gallon bucket. CASH ONLY. Please bring your own bucket(s) and digging implements (shovels, garden forks, etc.) as none are available for lending out.
- First come, first served. No digging before or after the event. Some locations may run out of tulips before 11am.
- Each location will have check-in locations staffed by HIB volunteers.
- Participants must pay and have their bucket tagged BEFORE digging.
To summarize, please remember to bring to the event: Cash, Bucket(s), Tools, and a Positive Attitude. Thank you!
Holland's participation in America in Bloom
This national awards program encourages residents, businesses, and organizations to come together to collaborate on common goals that benefit the whole community, including economic development, improved quality of life, greater civic pride, and a renewed sense of community vitality.
Judges evaluate the community’s work in the areas of community vitality, environmental efforts, celebrating heritage, landscaped areas, urban forestry, flowers, and overall impression, as well as assessing community involvement. A written evaluation provided by the judges includes observations and suggestions in all of the evaluated criteria and provides a valuable roadmap and planning tool for future projects and improvements. At a national Symposium held later this year, population category winners will be chosen, and Outstanding Achievement Awards will be presented to one community in each of the judging categories. Click HERE to learn more about America in Bloom.
Holland in Bloom Committee Members
- Gwen Auwerda - Tulip Time
- Nathan Bocks - Mayor of Holland
- Alexandra Darland - Holland Area Visitor's Bureau
- Michelle Gibbs - Holland-Hope College Sustainability Institute
- Linda Hart - Holland Area Visitor's Bureau
- Matt Helmus - Windmill Island Gardens
- Milly Hudgins - Community Member (Retired, Frost Research Center)
- Bob Hunt - Hope College
- Allison Jesky - JW Greenhouse
- Anne Saliers - Community Member (Retired, Holland BPW)
- Jamie Scott (chair) - Holland Parks Dept.
- Steve Zwiep - Community Member (Retired, Holland Parks Dept.)