A beautiful oasis on the edge of downtown Holland, Windmill Island Gardens features a 250 year old working Dutch windmill "De Zwaan" (meaning graceful bird). The windmill, which reaches 125 feet from the ground to the top of the blades, towers over 36 acres of gardens, dikes, canals and picnic areas.
• Over 100,000 tulips bloom in the spring. In the summer, annual plants and flowers decorate the grounds. We welcome you to linger amid a sea of flowers.
• The Post House is an exact replica of a 14th century wayside inn. Inside you can view a 12 minute movie - The Story of DeZwaan.
• Listen to our antique Amsterdam street organ and learn how it works.
• Kids will love the antique Dutch Carousel, featuring hand-carved and painted wooden horses and our Playground & Children’s gardens.
• Visit the miniature Little Netherlands Village display made by the early settlers.
• Visit our Gift shop for some mementos of your visit.
We hope you enjoy your visit while with us. For questions, please stop in the Post House at Visitor Services.