October 22, 2022
Temporary road closure for Hope College Donut Run 5K
Saturday, October 22, 2022
TEMPORARY TRAFFIC CONTROL ORDER
Order No. 2022-T-000031 Effective Date October 22nd, 2022
(when official traffic control signs or devices conforming to this order are erected.)
In accordance with Section 18-16 of the Holland City Code, the following traffic regulations are issued:
On Saturday, October 22nd 2022, College Avenue between 10th & 20th Streets.; Columbia Ave between 20th & 13th St will be closed to through traffic. Hours of closure will be limited to 8:45am to 11:15am. At that time, this area will be used for the “Hope College Donut Run 5K” event.
Course will begin on E 13th Street at the Hope College Stadium, procced West on E 13th Street to Columbia Avenue, South on Columbia Avenue to E 20th Street, East on E 20th Street to College Avenue, North on College Avenue to E 12th Street, then West on E 12th Street to Central Avenue, North on Central Avenue to E 10th Street, East on E 10th Street to Lincoln Avenue, South on Lincoln Avenue to E 11th Street, East on E 11th Street to Fairbanks Avenue, South on Fairbanks Avenue to the Finish Line at Hope College Stadium.
- Sponsor will pay for Reserve Officers/Vehicles to assist with traffic control at this event.
- Holland Police Dept. will provide barricades that will be placed and removed by event organizers and be retrieved by the HPD after the event. If sponsor needs barricades and/or parking restrictions signs, there will be a $22/hour fee charged minimum of 1 hour
- All participants 12 years and under must be accompanied by an adult throughout the event.
- Event sponsor will be responsible for the posting & removing of all signs and/or debris associated with the event.
- Event sponsor will contact other organizations holding events along the route (if there are any) so as not to interfere with other venues.
- No painting is allowed on the sidewalks or on the roadway.
- HPD will be notified of cancellations/changes that may occur by contacting Sgt. Boeve at 355-1737 during normal business hours.
- Event sponsor will also provide volunteers at some intersections; volunteers shall wear a reflective vest.
- All slow runners or walkers not able to keep up with the main body of runners must move to the sidewalk and cross only at intersections obeying all traffic control devices.
Issue Date: 09-06-2022 Expiration Date: 10-22-2022
Keith Van Beek email@example.com
City Manager Requestor