October 1, 2022
Temporary No Parking and brief Road Closures For Holland High School Homecoming Parade- REVISED
Saturday, October 1, 2022
CITY OF HOLLAND
TEMPORARY TRAFFIC CONTROL ORDER- REVISED DATE & ROUTE CHANGE
Order No. 2022-T-000032 Effective Date October 1st, 2022
(when official traffic control signs or devices conforming to this order are erected.)
In accordance with Section 18-16 of the Holland City Code, the following traffic regulations are issued:
Effective on Saturday October, 1st, 2022 the following roads will see brief closures as well as No Parking restrictions for the Holland High School Homecoming Parade –
No Parking will be allowed on:
W 24th St; from the Holland High School parking lot to VanRaalte Avenue.
VanRaalte Ave; from 24th Street to 27th Street.
27th Street; from VanRaalte to Harrison.
Hours of event will be from 8:45a.m-9:30a.m. Parade route will begin in the back parking lot of Holland High School to 24th Street, continuing East to Van Raalte Avenue, proceeding South down Van Raalte Avenue to 27th Street, and proceeding West down 27th Street to Harrison, concluding in the back parking lot of Holland High School. Traffic will be briefly disrupted during the parade.
- Sponsors will pay for Reserve Officers to assist in the run/walk and cruisers as needed.
- If sponsor needs barricades and/or parking restriction signs, there will be a $22/hour fee charged, minimum of 1 hour.
- All participants 12 yrs and under must be accompanied by an adult throughout the event.
- Event sponsors will be responsible for the posting and removing of all signs and debris associated with the event.
- The event sponsor will make contact with other organization holding events along the route (if there are any) so as not to interfere with other venues.
- NO Painting is allowed on the sidewalks or on the roadway.
- HPD shall be notified of any cancellations or changes that may occur by contracting Sgt. Boeve at 616.355.1122 during normal business hours.
- The sponsor in charge of this event will also provide volunteers at some intersections who shall wear a reflective vest.
- All slow participants not able to keep up with the event must move to the sidewalk and cross only at intersections obeying all traffic control devices.
Issue Date: 09-27-2022 Expiration Date: 10-01-2022