September 28, 2019
Saturday, September 28, 2019
Road Closed/No Parking
CITY OF HOLLAND
TEMPORARY TRAFFIC CONTROL ORDER
Order No. 2019-T-000047 Effective Date Sept. 28, 2019
(when official traffic control signs or devices conforming to this order are erected.)
In accordance with Section 18-16 of the Holland City Code, the following traffic regulations are issued:
Due to high water on the Black River, the Hope College Pull is being moved from the River to East 11th Street. In order to accommodate this activity, the following road closures and parking restrictions will be in effect –
- No Parking will be posted on the south side of 11th Street; Fairbanks to Lincoln Avenue from 6 a.m. until 3 p.m.
- E 11th Street will be closed to traffic between Fairbanks and Lincoln Avenues.
Special Instructions –
- Sponsor will pay for Reserve Officer(s) to assist in the run/walk/parade/event. A minimum of 2 hours each at $22.00 or $33.00 per hour, depending on selected route. If the run/walk/parade/event occurs on a holiday then the cost will be $33.00 or $49.00 per hour minimum of 2 hours, depending on your route. The sponsor will also cover costs for police cruisers needed during the event. The cost is $25.00 per cruiser.
- If sponsor needs barricades and/or parking restriction signs, there will be a $22.00 an hour fee charged, minimum of 1 hour.
- All participants 12 yrs & under must be accompanied by an adult throughout the event.
- Event sponsor will be responsible for the posting & removing of all signs and/or debris associated with the event.
- Event sponsor will contact other organizations holding events along the route (if there are any) so as not to interfere with other venues.
- No painting is allowed on the sidewalks or on the roadway.
- HPD will be notified of cancellations/changes that may occur by contacting Sgt. Kender at 355-1122 during normal business hours.
- Event sponsor may also provide volunteers at some intersections; volunteers shall wear a reflective vest.
- All slow participants not able to keep up with the main body of parade must move to the sidewalk and cross only at intersections obeying all traffic control devices.
Issue Date: 09-26-2019 Expiration Date: 09-28-2019
Keith Van Beek Dan Kender, Public Safety
City Manager Requestor