October 4, 2019
Fire Prevention Parade
Friday, October 4, 2019
TEMPORARY TRAFFIC CONTROL ORDER
Order No. 2019-T-000049 Effective Date Oct. 4, 2019
(when official traffic control signs or devices conforming to this order are erected.)
In accordance with Section 18-16 of the Holland City Code, the following traffic regulations are issued:
Effective on Friday, October 4, 2019, the following streets will be closed at various times for the Annual Fire Prevention Week Parade and Activities:
Road Closures –
6th Street between College and Columbia Avenues from 5:00 p.m. until 7:30 p.m.
8th Street between Pine and Maple from 6:00 p.m. until 9:30 p.m.
Parade Route -
Parade starts at 7:00 p.m. on Columbia Ave, south to 8th St, west on 8th to Pine Ave. and into the Civic Center parking lot.
- Sponsors will pay for Reserve Officers to assist in the run/walk and cruisers as needed.
- If sponsor needs barricades and/or parking restriction signs, there will be a $22/hour fee charged, minimum of 1 hour.
- All participants 12 yrs and under must be accompanied by an adult throughout the event.
- Event sponsors will be responsible for the posting and removing of all signs and debris associated with the event.
- The event sponsor will make contact with other organization holding events along the route (if there are any) so as not to interfere with other venues.
- NO Painting is allowed on the sidewalks or on the roadway.
- HPD shall be notified of any cancellations or changes that may occur by contracting Sgt. Kender at 616.355.1122 during normal business hours.
- The sponsor in charge of this event will also provide volunteers at some intersections who shall wear a reflective vest.
- All slow participants not able to keep up with the event must move to the sidewalk and cross only at intersections obeying all traffic control devices.
Issue Date: 10-03-2019 Expiration Date: 10-04-2019
Keith Van Beek Mark Klomparens firstname.lastname@example.org
City Manager Requestor