What if I cannot pay my entire tax bill by the due date?

Should you not be able to pay your entire tax bill by the due date, partial payments are accepted. The following penalty rates will apply to the outstanding balance on your tax bill(s).
With your summer bill, after the August 15th due date, a 2% penalty is added. If the summer bill remains unpaid as of September 11th, an additional 4% (for a total of 6%) is added to your summer bill.

If either your summer or winter bill is not paid by the February 14th due date, an additional 3% penalty will added until the end of February. Any real estate taxes not paid by the end of February will be turned over to the residing County in March.

Contact Information

If you reside in Allegan County, please contact Allegan County Treasurer at 269-673-0260 for amount owing. If you reside in Ottawa County, please contact Ottawa County Treasurer at 616-994-4501 for amount owing. Delinquent business personal property taxes will still be collected by the City Treasurer's Office. Please call 616-355-1380 for amount owing.

Show All Answers

1. When are the tax bills sent out and when are they due?
2. I didn't receive my tax bill, what should I do?
3. My bill has someone else's name on it, what should I do?
4. How do I change my mailing address?
5. How is my tax bill calculated?
6. What if I cannot pay my entire tax bill by the due date?
7. What is the process if I decide to pay my tax bill using my credit card?
8. If I can't pay my tax bill on time will it affect my credit rating?
9. The taxable value or principal residence exemption for my property is being corrected at the board of review, should I wait for the corrected bill before paying?
10. When may I buy my dog license?
11. Can I pay my Holland Board of Public Works (HBPW) utility bill at City Hall?
12. Where can I pay my taxes and what payment options are available?