September 29, 2022
Temporary Road Closures for 2022 School Nurse Fun Run
Thursday, September 29, 2022
Order No. 2022-T-000030 Effective Date September 29th, 2022
(when official traffic control signs or devices conforming to this order are erected.)
In accordance with Section 18-16 of the Holland City Code, the following traffic regulations are issued:
On Thursday, September 29th, 2022, Maple Avenue between 18th & 24th Streets.; Cleveland Ave between 18th &22nd St, VanRaalte between 24th & 22nd St, 24th St between Maple & Graafschap; and 22nd St between VanRaalte & Graafschap Rd will be closed to through traffic. Hours of closure will be limited to 5:45 p.m. to 8:45 p.m. At that time, this area will be used for the starting and ending area for the “School Nurse 5K Run/Walk” event.
Course will begin on 24th Street at Holland West Elementary School, procced west on 24th Street to Graafschap Road, north on Graafschap Road to W 22nd Street, east on W 22nd Street to Cleveland Avenue, north on Cleveland Avenue to W 18th Street, then east on W 18th Street to Maple Avenue to 24th Street, West on 24th Street to the Finish Line at Holland West Elementary School.
- Sponsor will pay for Reserve Officers/Vehicles to assist with traffic control at this event.
- Holland Police Dept. will provide barricades that will be placed and removed by event organizers and be retrieved by the HPD after the event. If sponsor needs barricades and/or parking restrictions signs, there will be a $22/hour fee charged minimum of 1 hour
- All participants 12 years and under must be accompanied by an adult throughout the event.
- Event sponsor will be responsible for the posting & removing of all signs and/or debris associated with the event.
- Event sponsor will contact other organizations holding events along the route (if there are any) so as not to interfere with other venues.
- No painting is allowed on the sidewalks or on the roadway.
- HPD will be notified of cancellations/changes that may occur by contacting Sgt. Boeve at 355-1737 during normal business hours.
- Event sponsor will also provide volunteers at some intersections; volunteers shall wear a reflective vest.
- All slow runners or walkers not able to keep up with the main body of runners must move to the sidewalk and cross only at intersections obeying all traffic control devices.
Issue Date: 09-06-2022 Expiration Date: 09-29-2022
Keith Van Beek email@example.com
City Manager Requestor