Chapter 14 of the Holland City Ordinance Code is designated to Housing-Property Maintenance. This code applies to all structures located within the city. All rental units are required to be registered, and are inspected on a regular basis to ensure compliance with this Code. Compliance for commercial and owner occupied residential properties is expected and enforced on a complaint basis.
You can register ownership changes or property changes by filling out a Property Registration form.
- Rental registration fees are billed every year and are due no later December 10.
- Failure to register a rental, or notify us of changes, will result in a $200 late registration fee.
- Failure to pay the annual rental fee will result in a Misdemeanor violation.
Rental Housing Inspections
- Each rental unit is inspected on a 3 year or 6 year basis. A Certificate of Compliance will be awarded when the property meets compliance with the Housing-Property Maintenance Code.
- Inspections are conducted to ensure the health, safety and welfare of the occupants and public.
- Failure to comply could result in re-inspection fees, a civil infraction ticket, the property being placarded or a misdemeanor complaint for renting without a rental certificate of compliance.