. Includes reconstruction of 10th Street from Lincoln Avenue to Van Raalte Avenue; Columbia Avenue from 9th to 10th Street; and, College Avenue from 10th Street south to mid-block crosswalk (11th Street extended).
• May 10th staff from transportation and the BPW will host our last public meeting for the project. Last years’ meetings were more focused on design and project details. This meeting we will go into more detail on construction schedule, coordination and expectations during construction.
• May 17th our contractor will start phase 1 construction (Lincoln to Columbia). This follows Hope College wrapping up their semester with commencement on Sunday, May 16th.
• May / June, staff intends to bring snowmelt assessment roll before Council for review, public input and approval. There is a small segment of 10th Street between River and Central Avenue where we are proposing to install snowmelt on the public sidewalk on both sides of 10th Street.
• Tree removals have already taken place for all construction phases of the project.
• Project is scheduled for completion by November 1st.*
*The west limit of the project has been pulled back to Washington Avenue. Please see 10thSt08-31-21 updated listed below for full details.
Updated Project Phasing Schedule (10th Street): • Phase 1 - 10th Street; Lincoln to College Ave. including work on Columbia & College; Complete; • Phase 2 – 10th Street; College Ave. to Central Ave.; Complete; • Phase 3 – 10th Street; Central Ave. to Pine Ave.; Complete by mid-October; • Phase 4 – 10th Street; Pine to Washington Ave.; Complete by Mid-November.