Inclusive City Initiative
An inclusive city is one that values all people and their needs equally. Over the past year, Holland's City Council and Human Relations Commission have been discussing what it means for Holland to be an "Inclusive City." To date, nine community feedback sessions have been held at various locations around the city, hosted by business and community partners. The results of the feedback sessions are provided.
"The feedback from the sessions is meant to gather input that will be used to define what 'inclusive' means to the residents of Holland. It will then be used to make a mission statement, establish a community education strategy, and develop an action plan," said Esther Fifelski, manager of the city's Human Relations Department.
"We're intent on engaging our council members, our boards, community connectors, and local neighborhood that really should have input on this."
Mission Statement & Action Plan
The resulting Inclusive City mission statement and action plan will be finalized in the coming year. Watch this space for updates.
Host a Discussion
If you'd like to host an Inclusive Cities Community Feedback discussion, please email the Human Relations Commission.
- 03-03-2018 Inclusive City Community Comments, Herrick District Library (PDF)
- 03-17-2018 Inclusive City Comments Herrick District Library (PDF)
- 04-12-2018 Inclusive City Community Comments, Principal Shopping District (PDF)
- 04-23-2018 Inclusive City Community Comments, Westcore Neighbors and Washington School Neighbors (PDF)
- 05-10-2018 Inclusive City Community Comments, Good Samaritan Ministries (PDF)
- 05-15-2018 Inclusive City Community Comments, Good Samaritan Ministries (PDF)
- 05-22-2018 Inclusive City Community Comments, Evergreen Commons (PDF)
- 05-30-2018 Inclusive City Comments, Lakeshore Nonprofit Alliance (PDF)
- 8-23-18 Inclusive Cities Holland Rescue Mission Mens Shelter (PDF)
- 09-13-2018 Inclusive City Comments, Holland Youth Advisory Council (PDF)
- 09-14-18 Inclusive Cities Discussion Notes from Integrated Fabrics/Asian Community (PDF)
- 09-17-18 Inclusive Cities Discussion Notes from Black River Public School 8 am (PDF)
- 09-17-18 Inclusive Cities Discussion Notes from Black River Public School 9 30 am (PDF)
- 12-6-18 Inclusive Cities Discussion Notes from Lakeshore Refugee Resettlement (PDF)