Working in the City Right-of-Way

Only contractors who have provided the City with a copy of their proof of liability insurance may perform work within a City right-of-way. Proof of insurance must list the City of Holland as additional insured for liability purposes only. Please call 616-928-2430 to see if your insurance certificate is up to date.


Please note that this Permit document (PDF) is not valid until the request is reviewed by the City Engineer (or his agent) and is signed by both the applicant and the City Engineer.

Who Repairs Roads, Sidewalks or Curbs Disturbed During Right of Way

Unless a contractor makes prior arrangements with the Department of Transportation Services, it is assumed that the permit holder will be doing those repairs.